About the program
The Vietnam Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Program is an amazing opportunity to gain real life work experience while exploring Vietnam, a country widely recognized for it's rich culture with Southeast Asian, Chinese and French influence. The 2 week program has been developed in partnership with our university partner, Vietnam National University - International University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU) where you will spend the majority of your time working on client projects.
You will be supported by VNU and Deakin staff who will manage the program and facilitate additional site visits and cultural activities. You'll also have free time to explore the city and enjoy everything that overseas travel has to offer!
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Student groups of 4-5 will work with a local company for 2 weeks. The company will provide you with a problem or project brief, which you and your team must create a business business report and presentation to address by the final program day. Typical projects include competitor analysis, marketing plans or other business sales projects in a range of organisation sizes and types.
T2 2023 Program Dates: 19-30 June 2023
The T2 program will run over the trimester break, officially commencing on Monday 19 June and finishing Friday 30 June.
Group flights will be arranged by the Faculty WIL team, departing Melbourne on Saturday 17 June and departing Vietnam on Sunday 2 July.
Estimated program cost: $3,500 AUD
Great news! $3,000 NCP grants available for this program for eligible domestic undergraduate students.
NCP eligibility Criteria
What is included in the program cost?
What is not included?
- Twin share accommodation
- Airport Pickup to hotel
- 2 group dinners
- some transportation between venues
- International flights
- Passport and visas
- Most meals
- Daily transport costs to and from VNU campus or businesses
- Deakin unit fee for MWL319
OS- HELP loan
Overseas Student HELP loans (OS-HELP) are provided by the Commonwealth government to eligible HECS-HELP students undertaking various international experiences for credit. This loan is added to your HELP debt and can be up to $7,100. The following link will provide more information on the OS-Help
If you are currently enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) and covered by HECS, your unit fee will be paid by HECS as per usual. If you are not covered by HECS or are an international student at Deakin, you will pay your unit fee to Deakin as per usual.
- Undergraduate students can study MWL319 International Consultancy Experience. (1 Deakin Credit Point)
- Unit Summary
Completion of 8 credit points (including CPL) prior to starting placement.
This program is available to Undergraduate Business students only, who have space for a WIL unit/Level 3 general elective space available in their course.
Important COVID-19 Information
Students are recommended to carefully check travel insurance
with respect to COVID related cancellations and reimbursements.
The below resources will be helpful to you while doing your pre-departure research and while overseas:
Planning to travel during COVID-19: step by step
International COVID-19 vaccination certificate
COVID Trip Planner
( Log in with Deakin's member number 12AYCA655347 to get started)
Deakin International Travel Insurance
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- A minimum number of students is required in order for this program to run, the Deakin Business School has the right to cancel this program if this is not achieved.
- Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here