About the program
Excellent opportunity for students to gain real life work experience while exploring Hanoi, Vietnam which is widely recognized for it's rich culture with Southeast Asian, Chinese and French influence. The Vietnam Work Integrated Learning Program has been developed in partnership with Hanoi School Business (HSB). You will be supported by on-ground staff in HSB and Deakin staff who will manage the program and also facilitate site visits, networking opportunities, social activities and free time.
In 2018 a group of Deakin students undertook a project with Bao Viet Life which is one of the largest insurance companies in Vietnam. You can listen to what they have to say about the program here.
Students will work in a local company for 2 weeks, creating a business report which may analyse the businesses marketing, project management, customer service or international focus.
Sunday 17 November - Sunday 1 December 2019
The subsidised program cost will be $2000.
A $2,000 grant will be provided to each Deakin Business School student participating on the program. (For eligibility questions please contact email@example.com)
Please note, domestic commonwealth supported students (HECS) can apply to receive up to $8,149 from OS-Help funding to support your program. Please read the criteria carefully.
What is included?
- Twin share accommodation
- Transport from Airport to hotel in Vietnam
- QBE comprehensive travel insurance.
What is not included?
- International flights
- Passport and visas
- Most meals
- Spending money
- Daily transport costs to businesses
- Tuition fees for unit enrolment.
- Undergraduate students can study MWL301 Team Internship.
Assessment 1: (Individual) - Pre-Internship tasks (1500 words) - 15%
Assessment 2: (Individual) - Reflective Learning Journal (1500 words) - 15%
Assessment 3: (Group of 4) - Project report and team presentation (5000-6000 words) - 50%
Assessment 4: (Individual) - Post-Internship Reflection (2000 words) - 20%
Completion of 8 credit points (including CPL) prior to starting placement.
This program is available to Deakin Business School students, who have space for a WIL unit/general elective.
- Postgraduate students can undertake MWL703 Team Internship.
Assessment 1 (Individual) - Pre-internship tasks (1500 words) - 15%
Assessment 2 (Individual) - Reflective Learning Journal (1500 words) - 15%
Assessment 3 (Group of 4) - Project report and team presentation (3000-5000 words) - 50%
Assessment 4 (Individual) – Post-internship reflection (2000 words) - 20%
Postgraduate students must have completed six units prior to departure (including CPL).
Students need to be able to obtain a visa (please check this prior to applying).
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- A minimum number of students is required in order for this program to run, the Deakin Business School has the right to cancel this program if this is not achieved.
- Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here