The Internet of Things (IoT) - IT Study Tour in Vietnam
Students will undertake a short-term program at FPT University Vietnam that focuses on the fundamentals of the Internet of Things (IoT). They will take part in a range of lectures and hands-on activities on the emerging field of Internet of Things (IoT), as well as opportunities to gain an inside look at the IT industry and how it operates in Vietnam.
In addition, there will be planed cultural visits to historic landmarks in Vietnam, culture and language classes and Vietnamese cooking classes as part of this study tour.
Students also have the opportunity to follow the study tour with a five week Group Internship which will commence immediately after the completion of the study tour. For more information about the internship program, please visit the IT Internship in Vietnam
5 mobility grants of AU$1000 each are available for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate International students to apply. For more information please go to the Funding Options session.
Information Session - ask questions and obtain information directly from past students and SEBE staff about the School of IT study abroad and internship programs
Watch Salman Khan incredible Vietnam experience from the 2016 Vietnam study tour
Eligibility and Enrolment
- This is a T3 enrolment for 1 credit point.
- Students will enrol in IT elective for this program
- Selection: Students will be selected based on academic performance and response to application questions
5 November to 18 November 2017 (2 weeks)
Other important dates:
Applications close: 1 September 2017
Deposits due: 15 September 2017
Final payments due: 1 October 2017
AU$1460 or AU$460 for scholarship recipients
AU$500 or $460 for scholarship recipients - Non-refundable
Program fees include:
Program fees do not include:
- Accommodation in an on-campus dormitory - single room is provided
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Orientations provided by FPT university
- Training documents, other relevant handouts and enrichment program
- Some meals, transportation and entry tickets during the planned field tours
- Deakin Tuition fee
- Travel insurance for the length of the program plus a maximum of 10 days leisure travel either immediately before or after the study component
- Return flights
- Passport and Visa fees
- Spending money
OS-Help Loans are available for domestic students for up to $7764 to help fund their participation in the program. The purpose of OS-HELP is to assist students with a range of expenses, such as airfares and accommodation. Further information on eligibility, please follow the link
for OS-Help. Please note that the OS Help loan can take up to 4 weeks to process and payment deadlines must be met regardless of the status of your loan.
International Student Scholarship
5 mobility grants of AU$1000 each are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate International students to apply. The scholarship recipients will require to film and blog about the experience during the study tour. This will assist School of IT to promote the future study abroad opportunities open to other IT students. The scholarship recipients will be selected based on academic performance and a one pager plan on how you would capture your experience in Vietnam.
Important to note
- A minimum number of 10 students is required for the program to run and places are limited.
- Travel insurance is provided by Deakin for the length of the program plus 10 leisure days, students travelling beyond the program dates may need to pay for additional coverage.
- Once accepted on the program students must pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm their spot.
- Students are reminded to apply for Deakin Travel Insurance as soon as they have been accepted into the program to cover any unexpected withdrawals or costs that are incurred as refunds may not be available.
Program Cancellation Policy
If you cancel your position on this Study Tour, cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation.
Where written notification of the cancellation is received, the cancellation charges are as follows:
Before deposit deadline: No cancellation fees apply
After deposit deadline: Loss of $500 deposit
After deposit deadline and before final payment: Loss of $500 deposit, along with any non-recoverable program fees are payable (i.e.: supplement accommodation deposits, transport, travel costs)
After final payment deadline: No refund on any program fees
Short term programs will earn you 30 points and global internships can earn you 40 points towards the Global Citizenship Program.