Note: Students do not need to see a Student Adviser prior to applying for the below program, the International team will liaise directly with Student Services to confirm you have room in your course to participate.
China Business Analytics Study Program
About the Program:
2 – 16 December 2017
Undergraduate students are invited to join the 2017 China Business Analytics Program, which is run in partnership with National University of Singapore Suzhou Research Institute (NUSRI). The program content has been specifically designed to give students a broad overview of business intelligence and introduce students to current theories in the area. Students will travel to Suzhou, China as a group and will be supported by NUSRI and Deakin staff who will manage the program. The program will include company visits, lectures, networking opportunities, social activities and study time.
- Guest lectures and seminars delivered by academics from Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) and National University of Singapore (NUS).
- Site visits to specially selected businesses.
- Time to explore famous locations in these cities and tourist sites.
Saturday 2 December - Saturday 16 December 2017
Approx $3,750 AUD
$1,000 grants will be provided to all participating B&L students to support the travel costs for the program! You must be enrolled in a degree within the Faculty of Business and Law while overseas in order to receive these funds. Please note that if you have received a $1000 grant from the Deakin Business School for a T1 or T2 2017 program, you will not be eligible to receive the grant again for this program in T3.
Please note, domestic commonwealth supported students (HECS) can apply to receive up to $7,880 from OS-Help funding to support your program. Please read the criteria carefully.
What is included?
What is not included?
- International flights
- Twin share accommodation
- Daily breakfast and some meals (including welcome and farewell dinners)
- Site visits and lectures
- Various social activities
- QBE comprehensive travel insurance
MIS271 - Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Passport and visas (Students are responsible for organising the visa on their own)
- Spending money
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Textbooks (if required)
- Tuition fees for unit enrolment.
All Undergraduate students who have completed MIS171 at time of departure are eligible to apply for this program.
Dates to note:
1st $500 Deposit Due (non-refundable): Within 7 days of being made an offer*
2nd Payment Due: TBC
Final Payment Due: TBC
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- *Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
- Contact email@example.com for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here