Mitsui Educational Foundation
Japan Program - Full Scholarship Available!
Mitsui & Co Ltd. invites students to apply for the opportunity to help promote mutual understanding and friendship between Australia and Japan. Deakin University has been selected as one of eight Australian Universities to nominate four students to be shortlisted. One lucky Deakin student will be chosen.
This 21 day, fully funded study tour will take Australian students through various regions of Japan, providing opportunities to learn about Japanese culture, society, business & industry, as well as participate in a number of people to people exchanges.
The Mitsui Educational Foundation (MEF) was established in 1971 to build stronger ties and promote mutual understanding and friendship between Japan and Australia by introducing Australian students to Japanese culture, history, business, industry, and contemporary lifestyles through an annual tour of Japan.
Program Overview (All costs covered)
The itinerary includes:
- One day orientation session at Mitsui’s Sydney Office
- Places of historical significance such as Kyoto, Nara and Hiroshima
- Visits to various Japanese companies and factories
- Home-stay with a Japanese family
- Weekend with Japanese university students who will commence employment with Mitsui next year
- Attending a lecture at Keio University with their Japanese students
- Meeting with the Australian Ambassador to Japan
- Experience of the nature in Japan such as Hakone and Miyajima Island
- Experience of the Japanese traditions such as hot spring and tea ceremony
- Various tourist destinations in Tokyo including temples, shrines and museums
- Full time student, second year or above
- Be outstanding ambassadors for Australia in Japan
- Be academically capable, minimum WAM 70
- Demonstrate a keen interest in Japan
- Completion of at least 8 credit points at time of departure
- Must be able to undertake the program for academic credit
- Australian Citizen
November 20 – December 12, 2017
All program costs will be paid by the Mitsui Educational Foundation, including all airfares, transport, meals and accommodation.
Passport and visa fees, vaccinations if required and personal spending money.
Units Offered are:
MWL204 - Global Business Experience
AIS203 - Study Tour: Japanese Politics, Society and Culture
APE201 - Individual Professional Project
Application Deadline 31st of May 2017.
- Interviews will be held 1st week of June. Date to be confirmed.
- 9th of June - Shortlist of four students provided to Mitsui Educational Foundation.
- 1st of September - Final decision will be made by Mitsui Educational Foundation.
Mitsui Educational Foundation – Study Tour of Japan will earn you 30 points towards the Global Citizenship Program.