About the Program:
This program is run in partnership with University of East Anglia (UEA), where students will travel to England and will have the opportunity to complete a WIL unit over a 2 week period with a marketing, management and strategic consulting focus. Students will be supported by on-ground staff in UEA and Deakin staff who will manage the program and also facilitate site visits, networking opportunities, social activities and free time.
East Anglia, England. (About 1.5 -2 hours from London).
Students will work in a local company for 2 weeks, creating a business report which may analyse the businesses marketing, project management, customer service or international focus.
Friday 27 October - 12 November 2023
Estimated program cost:
TBC per student all inclusive.
What is included?
What is not included?
- Twin-share accommodation
- Daily Breakfast
- Airport Pickup to hotel
- 3 catered group dinners
- Group tours
- Some transport costs between venues
- International flights
OS- HELP loan
- Passport and visas
- Most meals
- Some transport costs to businesses
- Deakin unit fee for MWL319/MWL719
Overseas Student HELP loans (OS-HELP) are provided by the Commonwealth government to eligible HECS-HELP students undertaking various international experiences for credit. This loan is added to your HELP debt and can be up to $7,100. The following link will provide more information on the OS-Help
If you are currently enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) and covered by HECS, your unit fee will be paid by HECS as per usual. If you are not covered by HECS or are an international student at Deakin, you will pay your unit fee to Deakin as per usual.
: Completion of 8 credit points prior to starting placement.
Completion of 8 credit points prior to starting placement.
This program is available to Undergraduate and Post Graduate Business students, who have space for a WIL unit/general elective space available in their course.
Important COVID-19 Information
Students are recommended to carefully check travel insurance
with respect to COVID related cancellations and reimbursements.
The below resources will be helpful to you while doing your pre-departure research and while overseas:
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- A minimum number of students is required in order for this program to run, the Deakin Business School has the right to cancel this program if this is not achieved.
- Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here