FOOD AND NUTRITION STUDY TOUR
You can have a Thai study experience! Learn, experience, interact with food and nutrition culture in Thailand.
5 November - 19 November 2017
Undergraduate and postgraduate students in food and nutrition, human nutrition and health sciences (studying Food Studies and/or Nutrition) have the opportunity to be part of a study tour to Thailand.
- You will be in Thailand (Chiang Mai and Bangkok) from 5 November to 19 November 2017
- You will be enrolled in a T3 unit and gain credit towards your degree on successful completion of the unit
- You will be taught in English with an interpreter supplied at the host organisation sites
- You will be provided with significant insight into health, nutrition, food production, policies and disease prevention
- You will be introduced to Asian culture through a range of activities involving language, history, art, dance and music as well as social engagements with the community, gaining hands on experience of the challenges faced by the community
- You will gain an international network and potential career opportunities.
: Those who apply for HSN360 must be enrolled in H315 Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Sciences, H300 Bachelor of Health Science or H343 Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science or any Faculty of Health course and completed at least 2 x HSN-coded units at any level.
Those who apply for HSN760 must be enrolled in H511 Graduate Certificate of Human Nutrition or H616 Graduate Diploma of Human Nutrition or H714 Master of Human Nutrition or H718 Master of Dietetics or any Faculty of Health postgraduate course and completed at least 2 x Nutrition coded units (eg. HSN7XX).
- Assessment task 1: Group pre-departure presentation (30 minutes per group) and written summary 20% - hurdle requirement
- Assessment task 2: Reflective practice paper (1000 words) 30%
- Assessment task 3: Written briefing paper (2000 words) 50%
Students will be selected through an interview process. Shortlisted students will be required to participate in a 15-minute interview on Monday 10 April 2017, between 1.00pm - 7.00pm.
Trimester 3 travel dates, 5 November - 19 November 2017
Estimated program cost:
$4000 which includes:
- Ground transport
- Most meals
- Tour guide
Melbourne Burwood Campus: Tuesday 14 March 2017 at 6pm in LT3 (B1.77)
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus: Wednesday 15 March 2017 at 5.30pm in ka3.403
Please follow this link to access the recorded information session: https://video.deakin.edu.au/media/t/0_2g0uv19l