Note: Students do not need to see a Student Adviser prior to applying for the below program, the International team will liaise directly with Student Services to confirm you have room in your course to participate.
India Sport Management Study Program
9 - 16 April 2017
About the Program:
Undergraduate Sport Management and Sport Development students are invited to join the India Sport Management Study Program which will follow the IPL around India in the Easter break. The program will include visits to sports facilities, guest lectures, networking events and attending IPL games. Students will be able to develop their knowledge of the Sports industry in India while immersing themselves in the Indian culture. Deakin University is a proud sponsor of the Rising Pune Supergiants so this is a great opportunity for students to witness at least one of their games.
Mumbai, Pune and Delhi
- Lectures at Symbiosis University.
- Site visits to sports facilities and opportunities to network with industry.
- Alumni functions with past Deakin sporting students.
- Attend 2 IPL games in Pune and Delhi.
Sunday 9 April - Sunday 16 April, 2017
Students are welcome to continue traveling after the program concludes.
The cost of the program will be approximately $3,000-$3,500 AUD. This will be finalised as applications close.
$1,000 grants will be provided to all participating B&L students to support the travel costs for the program! You must be enrolled in a degree within the Faculty of Business and Law while overseas in order to receive these funds.
Plus, domestic commonwealth supported students (HECS) can apply to receive up to $7,880 from OS-Help
funding to support your program. Please read the criteria carefully.
What is included?
- All airfares including international and internal flights
- Ground transport to all venues and activities
- Twin share accommodation.
- Tourist and social activities
- Tickets to IPL games
- Some meals
- Deakin comprehensive travel insurance.
What is not included?
- Passport and visas
- Spending money
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Textbooks (if required)
- Tuition fees for unit enrolment.
- Global Business Experience.
This program is available to students studying Sport Management or Sport Development at Deakin, Students must have completed at least 8 units towards their Sporting Degree and will need to include 200 words on why they wish to participate in this program.
Dates to note:
Students will be accepted on a rolling admission, first round closes 10 March.
Applications close: Friday 10 March
Students notified of application outcome: Monday 13 March
1st $500 Deposit Due (non-refundable): Within 7 days of being made an offer*
2nd Payment Due: TBC
Final Payment Due: TBC
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- A minimum number of students is required in order for this program to run, the Deakin Business School has the right to cancel this program if this is not achieved.
- *Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.