Note: Students do not need to see a Student Adviser prior to applying for the below program, the International team will liaise directly with Student Services to confirm you have room in your course to participate.
About the Program:
China Discover SWUFE Program
2 July - 15 July 2017
Undergraduate students are invited to join the 2017 Discover SWUFE International Summer School in July 2017. Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (SWUFE) is a strong partner for Deakin University and students have participated in this program previously. Students will travel to Chengdu, China and have the opportunity to complete the Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship SWUFE program. Students will travel as a group and will be supported by SWUFE staff who will manage the program and facilitate company visits, lecturers, networking opportunities, social activities and study time.
Draft itinerary: Capture.JPG
- Guest lectures and seminars delivered by SWUFE academic staff on topics such Chinese Culture, Entrepreneurial Management, Chinese Law, Business innovation and Chinese Economics.
- Site visits to specially selected businesses.
- Time to explore famous locations in these cities and tourist sites e.g. Chengdu Panda Base, Hotpot restaurants, Chengdu ancient streets.
Sunday 2 July - Saturday 15 July 2017
7,600 Chinese Yuan (Approx $1,500 AUD as at 28/2/17) + flights
$1,000 grants will be provided to all participating B&L students to support the travel costs for the program! You must be enrolled in a degree within the Faculty of Business and Law while overseas in order to receive these funds.
Please note, domestic commonwealth supported students (HECS) can apply to receive up to $7,880 from OS-Help
funding to support your program. Please read the criteria carefully.
What is included?
What is not included?
- Application fee
- Lecturers from SWUFE staff
- Most meals (unless specified on itinerary)
- Cultural visits including a visit to the Chengdu Panda Base
- Deakin comprehensive travel insurance
- International return airfares
- Passport and visas
- Spending money
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
- Textbooks (if required)
- Tuition fees for unit enrolment.
Level 3 Business Elective
All Undergraduate students who have completed 8 units at time of departure are eligible to apply for this program.
Dates to note:
Applications close: Friday 31 March
Students notified of application outcome: Thursday 6 April
1st $500 Deposit Due (non-refundable): Within 7 days of being made an offer*
2nd Payment Due: TBC
Final Payment Due: TBC
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- *Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here