Note: Students do not need to see a Student Adviser prior to applying for the below program, the International team will liaise directly with Student Services to confirm you have room in your course to participate.
About the Program:
Indonesia Management WIL Program
Undergraduate Business and Law students are invited to gain practical work experience over their T1 Easter break 2017 or in November 2017 in partnership with Universitas Teknologi Yogyakarta.
Students will travel to Yogyakarta, Indonesia and will have the opportunity to complete a WIL unit over a 2 week period with a marketing, management and strategic consulting focus. Students will travel as a group of 20, will work in teams of 5 and will have Indonesian students supporting them. Students will be allocated a local business and will work both with the company and at the university to apply their management knowledge and theories from their degree in a unique international context. You will be supported by UTY staff who will manage the program and also facilitate site visits, networking opportunities, social activities and free time.
“What better way to understand the economy of Indonesia then by being immersed in it. If you want an internship that is very independent and somewhat culturally challenging, this is for you!” – Deakin Indonesia WIL past participant
Internship placements (please note, these are subject to change):
- YPTI Ltd - Manufacturing
- Bank Danagung - Banking
- Senyumkita – Volunteer organisation for education of children
- Indonesia Handicraft Association – Indonesia government
Saturday 21 October - Saturday 4 November
Approx $2,000 AUD (Final cost will be confirmed when applications close).
$1,000 grants will be provided to all participating B&L students to support the travel costs for the program! You must be enrolled in a degree within the Faculty of Business and Law while overseas in order to receive these funds.
Please note, domestic commonwealth supported students (HECS) can apply to receive up to $7,880 from OS-Help
funding to support your program. Please read the criteria carefully.
What is included?
- $1,000 DBS travel subsidy
- International flights
- Twin share accommodation
- Transport from Airport to hotel in Indonesia
- Daily transport costs to businesses
- QBE comprehensive travel insurance.
What is not included?
- Passport and visas
- Breakfast and most meals
- Spending money
- Tuition fees for unit enrolment.
Students will produce a marketing, management or strategic report for the business they are allocated to and will present this information to the company, as a group, on the final day of their placement.
Students will study MWL202
MWL202 - Team Projects
Assessment 1 (Individual) - Preliminary Tasks (1500 words) - 15%
Assessment 2 (Individual) - Reflective Learning Journal (1500 words) - 15%
Assessment 3 (Team of 3 to 7 students) - Final report and presentation (5000 to 6000 words) - 50%
Assessment 4 (Individual) - Reflective summary including review of contribution (2000 words) - 20%
Completion of 6 credit points (including CPL) prior to starting placement.
International students need to be able to obtain a visa for Indonesia (please check this prior to applying).
April program dates to note:
1st $500 Deposit Due (non-refundable): Within 7 days of being made an offer*
Final payment due: August TBC
Compulsory pre-departure session: September TBC
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students, however Indonesia has visa restrictions which can make it difficult for some international students to obtain a visa.
- A minimum number of students is required in order for this program to run, the Deakin Business School has the right to cancel this program if this is not achieved.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here