US Sport Study Program
About the Program:
22nd - 30th June 2017
Postgraduate Sport students are invited to join the 2017 Deakin-Ohio Sport Study Program. This program is run in partnership with the University of Ohio (Sport Business International’s number one ranked PG Sport Management Program
) and will see around 20 Deakin and 20 US Ohio Postgraduate students/alumni participate in sessions and workshops and network with some of the sporting industry's biggest brands across 9 days in the United States.
Students will participate in a 4 day workshop at the University of San Diego, followed by a 4 day tour up the West Coast to sports venues, teams and organisations. Students will be accompanied by Deakin academic Adam Karg and will interact with venues, teams, and brands such as Nike, AECOM, Levi Stadium, Staples Center, the San Diego Padres and San Diego State University (Aztec Sport Properties).
View the program details here: Sponsorship Workshop - Deakin.pdf
San Diego and US West Coast.
22nd - 30th June 2017
3,000 USD (Approximately $3,900 AUD as at 20 Feb 2017) + flights
$1,000 grants will be provided to all participating B&L students to support the travel costs for the program! You must be enrolled in a degree within the Faculty of Business and Law while overseas in order to receive these funds.
What is included?
What is not included?
- Program fee
- Some meals (unless specified on itinerary)
- All workshops, lectures and site visits
- Transfer costs from San Diego to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento and Portland.
- Deakin comprehensive travel insurance
- International return airfares
- Transfers costs for US entry/exit (Program starts in San Diego and ends in Portland)
- Passport and visas
- Spending money
- Meals not specified on the itinerary
This unit is not offered for credit, so students will not pay a unit fee.
Postgraduate Sport Business Students
Dates to note:
Applications close: Sunday 19 March
Students notified of application outcome: Friday 31 March
1st $500 Deposit Due (non-refundable): Within 7 days of being made an offer*
2nd Payment Due: TBC
Final Payment Due: TBC
Important to note:
- Students do not need to gain approval from a student adviser prior to applying for this program – eligibility will be confirmed by the International Team via Student Services.
- Program cost is subject to change, students will be notified of final costs when applications close.
- Final itinerary is subject to change and changes to this does not qualify students for a refund.
- This program is available to Domestic and International students.
- *Students will be provided a full refund if Deakin Business School cancels the program.
- Students will still need to pay their Deakin Unit fee for each unit they participate in as per their normal fee arrangements.
for more information.
Check out all Business and Law International Study Programs here