NOT available to study: Telfer School of Management, Education and Medicine
||Arts & Ed, SEBE, Health and Business & Law
||Undergraduate & Postgraduate
|Minimum Weighted Average mark (WAM)
||Deakin Trimester 1 = Winter
Deakin Trimester 2 = Fall/Autumn
|Full Time Study Load
||12 -15 Credits per semester (4 Deakin Units)
|Deakin Abroad Travel Grant
|Deakin Abroad Coordinator
||Lara Lyon - email@example.com
The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world. Located at the heart of Canada’s capital, they have ready access to the great institutions of their country. Their advances in social sciences, health, engineering, science and the humanities make uOttawa a unique place to learn, grow and excel.
Living Expenses and Costs
University of Ottawa - Homepage
University of Ottawa - Canada's University
University of Ottawa - Course Catalogue
Before you apply, please make sure you have completed all exchange application steps as outlined on the Deakin Abroad website
Exchange Programs are available to all Deakin students, including international, postgraduate and off-campus students.
To be eligible to apply for an Exchange Program:
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 8 credit points toward their Deakin degree
- Postgraduate students must have completed at least 4 credit points towards their Deakin degree
- You must return to at least 1 credit point to complete at Deakin after your Exchange Program
- You must study a full-time load while on exchange
- You must have a credit average of 60 or above with no fails on your academic record (students who do not currently meet these criteria will be advised to meet with a Language and Learning Adviser)
- You must have received faculty approval prior to submitting your exchange application
Students may apply for a Trimester or Year-long Exchange Program, starting either Trimester 1 or Trimester 2.
While on exchange students continue to pay Deakin fees (upfront-payments, HECS-HELP, or FEE-HELP). Host University tuition fees will be waived.
General costs may include an application fee, flights, visas, accommodation, meals, textbooks, living expenses and insurance (insurance is provided by Deakin for the duration of your Exchange Program – students travelling beyond the program dates are strongly recommended to purchase additional cover).
Is this your first preference?
- OS-HELP may be available to domestic students. Please refer to the Deakin OS-HELP webpage for more information on eligibility criteria and the application process.
- Centrelink payments continue while on exchange
- Successful applicants may receive a Travel Grant from the Study Abroad and Exchange Office (unless receiving a Scholarship)
A Trimester Abroad will earn you 60 points towards the Global Citizenship Program.
- Students must ensure that they apply for a minimum of two universities
- Students must submit a minimum of two individual applications.
- Students must rank their applications in order of preference