PEER ADVISOR PROGRAM
Get the most out of your Study Abroad & Exchange experience and become a Peer Advisor!
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic volunteer Peer Advisors to work with the Study Abroad & Exchange team.
Participation in our program will give you the chance to meet exchange students from around the world, and join in fun activities!
This is a terrific way to boost your resume and gain valuable experience within Deakin International and earn points towards your Global Citizenship Program tally.
To become a Peer Advisor (PA) you would need to be/have:
• A current Deakin student
• Undertaking studies during the Trimester in which you will be a PA
• Previously completed an exchange program through Deakin
• Well-organised and reliable
• Able to work within a team
• A motivated public speaker
• Passionate about meeting new people
• Interested in international culture
Tasks would include (but are not limited to):
• Attend PA training day
• Participate with International exchange orientation
• Summer school
• Orientation dinner
• Community volunteering
• Beach Day at Torquay
• 6 social events for international summer school students
• Be available to volunteer for up to 4 hours per week throughout theTrimester (excluding exam periods)
• Promoting overseas study destinations and scholarship opportunities to Deakin students
• Advising students on the exchange process
• Manning an Information booth
• Participate with the buddy program
• General administrative duties
If you think you have what it takes to be a Deakin International Peer Advisor contact us at email@example.com